The sprint will be hosted in Paris, France on Feburary 15th, 16th and 17th (Friday to Sunday). We have access to a meeting room from 10h00 to 18h00 each day.
The sprint is kindly hosted by IRILL, in the 13th arrondissement or Paris, near the metro stop Place d’Italie.
See http://www.irill.org/about/access for more information.
4 of us will stay in the hostel Absolute Paris. If you join us for the sprint, you may want to stay in the same place. It costs approx. 30€/night/person.
- Guillaume Hoffmann (gh) (arriving train station gare de l’est Fri at 9:46, leaving Sun at 20:13)
- Owen Stephens (owst)
- Ganesh Sittampalam (Heffalump)
- Florent Becker (gal_bolle)
- Radoslav Dorcik (dixie)
- Darcs bridge
- 2.10 ?
- Last sprint & summer of code review:
- Infrastructure/etc discussions:
- revive darcs-benchmarks for 2.10 release
- Testing, testing, testing:
- patch index
- bare repositories
- Google Summer of Code 2013
- What do with the trello board?
- Technical discussions:
- correction for
- Discussion: Where is the manual?
- Guillaume removed it (with the website) from the repository (july 2012)
- darcs.net/manual is the last generated version from the reviewed repository
- darcs can generate a commands reference with
darcs help manpage(Groff output) and
darcs help markdown(markdown, can be given to pandoc to convert in many formats)
- the motivation of moving away from literate haskell and latex is to have everything in markdown
- what we should ensure: 1) darcs.net/manual has something 2) this something corresponds to the current stable branch of darcs (as of now 2.8), because sometimes commands and flags change
- Discussion: _darcs/inventories and _darcs/patches are not garbage collected
- accept patch that closes http://bugs.darcs.net/issue904 (gh)
- sent a patch to solve http://bugs.darcs.net/issue2274 (gh)
- fixing network test harness (gh)
- Discussion: GSoC 2013 projects. We will apply as independent organization and ask for 2 slots. We have at least 3 posible projects.
darcs help markdownso that it also outputs environment variables help and patterns help (dixie, gh)
- Discussion: 2.10 release timeline:
- we should have a beta by the time we apply as an organization for GSoC (ie, mid-March)
- also it would be cool to have 2.10 on April 9th celebrate the 10 years of the initial announcement of darcs :-)
- Discussion: last regrets for 2.10:
- conclusion is we keep it at is, but with some documentation, and add Return as an alias for Space to pick the default option at any prompt
- some documentation being “did you know you can avoid the last question by pressing ‘a’ or ‘d’ when you’re done?”
- With future fixes as we find them, including: “Did you mean to record nothing?” if you’ve said n to each “do you want to record this?”