- When: Friday 9 March
- Where: Argentina, Cordoba (FaMAF, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba)
- When: Friday 30 March - Sunday 1 April
Where: UK, Southampton (University ECS department, building 59 (The ‘Zepler Building’) ground floor, seminar room 1)
- directions to ECS
- public transit “Unilink” routemap
Unilink bus times ~ The “Highfield interchange” stop is on campus, very close to the Zepler building - on the ECS map above, it’s sort-of in the space between buildings [6,4,67] just above the confusingly labeled “Winchester Campus” on this map
- If arriving by train, you’ll want to catch the U1A bus, from outside the platform 4 side of Central Train Station. A “day return” ticket is £3 and gives you unlimited travel on the buses, so is probably best.
we’ve booked a 7 person house (4 bedrooms) and we still have room for 4 people
- Guillaume Hoffmann
- Mathias Etcheverry
- Miguel Pagano
- Eric Kow [Westgate] - infrastructure, look at GSoC 2011
- Owen Stephens - conflictors
- Florent Becker [Westgate] - 2.8
- BSRK Aditya [Westgate] -
- Ganesh Sittampalam [Westgate] - 2.8, rebase
Starter tasks for new developers:
- windows bug http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1606
- better error message when posthook fails http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1806
- put log file in tempdir http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1416
- darcs show patch http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1495
- dist –export-command http://bugs.darcs.net/issue57
- whatsnew -i http://bugs.darcs.net/issue851
- more: http://tinyurl.com/darcs-probablyeasy2
- GSoC 2012
- GSoC after Haskell.org
- Mission statement? “To build an easy to use version control system based on a theory of patches”
- Petr’s pathlib?
- Local branches
- Diff/newline stuff
- Ganesh and Florent: discussing 2.8 release (what patches to grab from mainland)
- Eric: cleaning up mailing lists, bts templates, discussing GSoC 2012
- Aditya: discussing GSoC 2012, grokking matchers
- Owen: thinking about conflictors
- Eric: updates to mailing lists, BTS template and milestones, GSoC 2012, some light screening/reviewing
- Aditya: how to bring patch-index into darcs changes, discussing proposal, studying matchers code and changes code
- Ganesh: 2.8-release argh, charsets! Unicode, argh!
- Florent: 2.8, PatchSelectChoices for real-time dependency feedback (interactive), and darcs diff interactive
- Owen: invconflictor/duplicate
- Ian: camp stuff, talking about filename encoding.
- Simon (remote): irc commit bot, contributor setup troubleshooting, making utf8 shell test easier to run
Strategy discussion (hunker down, no “grand soir”)
- No more 5 yr Plan, No Big Push (cf. 2008 push for performance) - keep chipping away at the problem, cleaning things, making new features, eventually moving towards better
- Still we try to communicate our strategy/priorities. The main emphasis these days is on cleaning Darcs up.
Hosting is important to us.
- Development of hosting+GUIs will be focusing on library code that makes that work better, though may include actually writing code that uses that library to prove it works
- GUIs seen as a subset of hosting for now
- Emphasis on cleaning/reworking existing Darcs rather than any big bang wholesale replacements. Gradual progress.
- Darcs 3 aim mainly to get conflicts right. Let’s not hit that Second System effect
GSoC 2013 mainly GUIs and Hosting (of course open to student suggestions)
- Aditya: presented patch index, implementation of changes w/ index
- Eric: patch774 and patch775, updated wiki to use markdown
- Ganesh: Unicode progress!
- Ian: more proofs (eg. commute two patches: always same answer)
You’ll have more fun if you can hit the ground running, so please make sure you can do all of these things:
- darcs get –lazy http://darcs.net
- cabal configure; cabal build
darcs send (your patch should wind up on the tracker)