- Date and venue
- Key information
- Helpers needed
- Upcoming meetings
- Vienna Attendees
- Portland Attendees
- Public Transport in Vienna
When: 14-15 November 2009
- University of Technology in Vienna, Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10 (Freihaus, red zone, first floor, to the left of the occupied HS1) Google Maps link (with hotels)
- Portland, OR
- twitter/identi.ca : #darcs
- IRC: #darcs on irc.freenode.net
- wiki: please jot down meeting notes, etc on this wiki!
ASK QUESTIONS! SHOUT IF IT DOES NOT WORK
install msmtp (use zetkin.htu.tuwien.ac.at if you need an SMTP server)
from email@example.com user darcs09 password sprint09 host zetkin.htu.tuwien.ac.at tls on auth on syslog on tls_certcheck off
darcs get --lazy http://darcs.net darcs cd darcs echo "record no-test" >> _darcs/prefs/defaults echo "send sendmail-command msmtp -t %<" >> _darcs/prefs/defaults echo "send edit-description" >> _darcs/prefs/defaults
find a trivial bug to work on: http://code.haskell.org/darcs/hlint.html
cd darcs # hack hack hack darcs record darcs send
see GettingStarted page
- hashed-storage: Windows bugs fixed
- hashed-storage warnings
- issue1244 - darcs convert
Vienna: held discussions on the DeleteFile problem on Windows, upcoming list of priorities, probably easy bugs - Eric, Luca, Reinier, Petr, Salvatore
- Eric, Petr, Thomas.
- non-reproducible : darcs get first
- darcs pull
- IRC: do we even want this?
- Official binary
Better Windows distribution
- supported SSH tools: Tortoise SSH, putty-keygen
- email support: msmtp-like tool
- don’t support until there is a GHC Cygwin
- just use the official binary
- TODO: document what works and doesn’t work
Darcs send sucks
- http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1686 for darcs send -o
- drop MAPI support! (rely on official installer to ship msmtp type tool)
- need to find a buildslave
- Darcs 2.4 priorities - things we can do now
- Darcs 2.5 Windows installer and filecache work…
How to make Darcs better
- DEFINITELY do the top N list of probablyeasy bugs (that worked well)
- send email with more precise instructions on getting darcs set up for sending patches
- possible darcs hacking VM image
- better mentoring: group mentoring session in the beginning, pairing people
- encourage USB keyboards for pair programming
- darcs sprint repo
hashed-storage : only use mmap for index and nothing else
- does this fix the Windows bugs? [IT DOES! rejoice!]
- does this significantly degrade performance [just curious?]
does darcs-benchmark work on Windows?
break global cache up into subdirectories
- darcs send -o output http://bugs.darcs.net/issue643
- versioned darcs transfer-mode http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1167
- optimize –upgrade should do optimize - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1643
- remove -r - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue540
- you have N patches to pull warning should happen early in push - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1308 [TAKEN]
- support -P for plink SSH_PORT - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1371
- convert should read _darcs/prefs/prefs - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1232
- you cannot unrevert warning on non-interactive UI
- author prompt on non-interactive UI
- _darcs/trash (unobliterate) - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue75
- progress indicators - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1500 [TAKEN] (apparently taken by Quiark)
- –remote-darcs - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue223 [HOLD - waiting for partial patch from C-Keen]
- parsec for authorspellings [TAKEN]
- get –complete should not offer lazy - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1122 [TAKEN]
- trackdown –bisect - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1208 [TAKEN]
- show files [file…] - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue835 [TAKEN]
- fix hashed-storage warnings [DONE]
- optimize –upgrade should do optimize –pristine - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1642
All Darcs/Camp related work is welcome, but here are the two areas we will be focusing on.
Darcs 2.4 polish: Darned good hashed repositories
Haskell/Darcs training: Brush up on Haskell hacking on a real world open source project
Dedicated mentor(s) will be available
- Salvatore Insalaco
- Reinier Lamers
- Eric Kow (tentative)
- At least one more mentor required (Eric can fill in otherwise)
- Photographer (Portland)
12:00 - Meet at Hotel Bristol Kärntner Ring 1, 1015 Vienna, Austria
16:30 - Meet at Hostel Ruthensteiner Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Rudolfsheim-Fünfhaus
09:00 - Arrival, settling in
09:30 - Hello! Introductions, pairing, bug tracker
10:00 - Hack time!
13:00 - Lunch/meetings?
14:30 - Hack time!
18:00 - Drinks, dinner?
09:00 - Hack time!
13:00 - Lunch/meetings?
14:30 - Hack time!
16:30 - Roadmap planning meeting [Vienna]
17:30 - Wrap up, taking stock
18:00 - Drinks, dinner?
Please add yourself if you’re interested in joining a chat :-) Nothing formal, really! Just making a note of things that would be nice to discuss
- Eric, Thomas SVN integration [Saturday morning?]
- Eric, Joachim darcswatch/roundup integration [Saturday afternoon?]
- Eric, Salvatore, Reinier - what’s our Windows strategy? [Sunday afternoon?]
- Everybody - planning the Darcs Roadmap [Sunday afternoon]
- ??? - sorting out the darcs preferences [Sunday morning]
- Joachim Breitner [arriving airport Sat 08:00, leaving Mon 18:10]
- Benedikt Huber (local team)
- Eric Kow [arriving airport Fri 10:20, leaving Mon (morning) 11:00]
- Reinier Lamers [arriving airport Fri 14:00, leaving Mon 14:00]
- David Markvica (local team)
- Petr Rockai [arriving to Westbahnhof around 4 PM on Fri, leaving from Südbahnhof at 7:28 AM on Mon]
- Radoslav Dorcik (Haskell beginner) [commuting from Bratislava]
- Salvatore Insalaco (mentor) [arriving airport Fri 09:05, leaving Sun 20:10]
- Matthias Fischmann [just arrived, my flight is leaving mon 6:30am]
- Thomas Danecker (local team)
- Christian Berrer (local team)
- Luca Molteni (Haskell beginner) [arriving airport Fri 09:05, leaving Sun 20:10]
- Federico Sudaro (Haskell beginner)
- Roman Plášil (beginner)
- Tomáš Caithaml [arriving Joseph-Roth-Gasse/Praterstern Fri 15:30]
Affordable hostels in Vienna:
For 13,60€ you get a 72h ticket. All tickets are valid for the Underground and all the trains, trams and busses in Vienna (except some special sight-seeing busses and the like).
From the Airport you can take the Train S8 to Landstraße-Wien Mitte (don’t take the CAT [City Airport Train], this one has to be payed extra and isn’t really faster). From there you can take the U3 (Underground) to Westbahnhof which is 5 minutes from the Hostel Ruthensteiner.
You can get to the University of Technology by Underground (U1/U2/U4, Station Karlsplatz) or by Tram (1/62, Station Resselgasse).
Just use Google Maps to look for the fastest routes (by switching to “By public transport”).