- retain darcs’ simplicity
- allow the user to do operation once - i.e. one record for all subrepositories
- prevent subrepository boundaries from being crossed
- (fancy?) make it possible to share subrepositories across different parent repos
- Andrew’s wish: track subrepository patches with the umbrella repository, but allow for selectively pulling patches from the subproject’s original repository into this one, as well as pushing them back out. (say, I wanted my own branch of project B as part of my project A, and wanted to keep B updated by pulling patches into it from the outside, and pushing my own patches to B back out to the community, all the while keeping my own version of B as just a part of project A, with patches to A and B all together.
- Explicit support for NestedRepositories via special patch types
NestedRepo patch types
(JuliuszChroboczek and DavidRoundy)